Friday, April 13, 2012
Places of Piligrimage.
In Andhra Pradesh
- *Ahobilam or Ahobalam is a major center of pilgrimage in South India, located in the Nandyal Taluka of Kurnool district in Andhra Pradesh, India. According to local legend, this is where Lord Narasimha blessed Prahlada and killed the demon Hiranyakashipa. It is an important place of worship for Vaishnavas and is one of the 108 Divya Desams.
- *Penna Ahobilam Lakshmi Narasimha temple
- *Yoga Narasimha Swamy, in Dharmapuri, Karimnagar District, Andhra Pradesh. It is said that at Dharmapuri, Narasimha Deva meditated in Yogamudra, after his Ugrarupa.
- Kotla-Narasimhulapalle, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh
- *Kadiri Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Kadiri, Anantapur Dist, Andhra Pradesh.
- *Shri Yogananda Narasimha Swamy, Vedadri, near Vijayawada
- *Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Nacharamgutta, Medak district, Andhra Pradesh.
- *Shri Panakala Narasimha Swamy, Mangalagiri, near Vijayawada
- Shri Shobhanaachala Vyaghra Narasimha Swamy, Aagiripalli, near Vijayawada
- *Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Antarvedi, Sakhinetipalle, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
- *Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Peruru Village, Amalapuram, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
- *Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Yadagiri Gutta, Near Bhongir, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh. See Yadagirigutta (Temple)
- Shri Matsyagiri Laxmi Narasihma Swamy Devalayam, Vemula Konda, Valiginda mandal, Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh. The temple of Lakshmi Narasihma swamy is on the rock hill (konda) in Mastya avataram.
- *Simhachalam, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- *Singarayakonda, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Mallooru, Warangal District (~70KM from Bhadrachalam), Andhra Pradesh.
- Sri Yogananda Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Mattapalli (at the confluence of Krishna and Musi rivers), about 15 km from Huzurnagar taluq, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh (Bus available from Miryalaguda/Kodada.
- Vadapally, Near Miryalaguda, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh
- *Shri Lord Lakshmi-Narasimha Swamy temple, Korukonda, near Rajahmundry, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- *Shri Malayadri Lakshmi Narasimha temple, Malakonda, near Kundakur, Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Prasanna Narasimha Swamy temple, Singarakonda, Prakasham district, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Khammam, Khammam District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Penusila Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Penchalakona, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Limbadri Narasimha Swamy, Bheemgal taluk, Nizamabad district, Andhra Pradesh
- Cheeryala Sree Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devastanam, Cheeryala, Keesara Mandal, Rangareddy district, Andhra Pradesh
- Phani Giri gutta, Near Kottapet, Hyderabad, RangaReddy District, Andhra Pradesh
- Vedagiri Sree Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy, Narasimha Konda, Near Nellore, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Sri Jwala Narasimha Temple,Parvathapuram,Feerjadiguda,Uppal,HYD
- *Shri Guru Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Saligrama, Udupi district, Karnataka. Narasimha Idol here is in Yogananda Narasimha posture and is from the 8th century as per historians. http://www.kootabandhu.org/gntdieties.html
- * Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple at Roopena Agrahara, Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, Karnataka. This is the only temple in India which has"Narasimha Meru" belonging to ancient period. "Narasimha Meru" is a hill shaped chakra made specifically for Narasimha Swamy. Pradakshana to this Chakra and Naraimha Swamy will clear kuja dosha.www.sriharivaikuntakshetra.org
- Sri Yoga Narasimha, on a hilltop fortress at Melkote, Nagamangala, Mysore District, Karnataka. In Kannada, the term means, top (mele) fort (kote). The fort, situated on a near-vertical hill is a strategic area, overlooking the plains. Melkote is also the site of the famous Cheluvanarayana Temple and the annual Vairamudi festival, where the deity is adorned with a crown of dazzling uncut diamonds.
- Shri Yoga Mudre Lakshmi Narasimha Swami, Mudugere, near Hassan, Karnataka
- Shri LakshmiNarasimha, Marenahalli,Malavalli taluk Mandya district Karnataka.
- Shri Shodasha Bahu Narasimha Swamy, Karpara Kshetra, Koppara village, Raichur District, Karnataka.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Koppara, Devadurga, Raichur, Karnataka
- Sri Yoganarasimha Devalaya, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Malleswaram, Bangalore 
- Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Hatyal, C N Halli, Tumkur, Karnataka
- Shri Ugra Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Maddur, Karnataka
- Shri Kambada Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Sondalagere, Kunigal taluq, Tumkur district, Karnataka
- *Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Srirangapatna, Mandya district, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Kammasandra, Nelamangala Taluk, Bangalore Rural District, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Balepet, Near Kempe Gowda bus stand, Bangalore
- Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Bhadravathi, Karnataka
- Sheebi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Sheebi, Tumkur Dist, Karnataka
- *Yoga Narasimha Swamy, Boga Narasimha Swamy temple, Devarayanadurga, Karanataka
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Balepet, Bangalore - a 500years old temple.
- *Shri Ugra Narasimha, Shri Vijayendra Tirtha Prathistapitha, Moolky,Karnataka
- Sree Lakshminarasimha swamy temple, Doddadalavatta, Madhugi taluq, Tumkur district, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Holenarsipura, Hassan district,Karnataka
- *Savandurga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Savana Durga, Magadi taluk, Ramanagar District
- *Holé Narasipura, Hassan district, Karnataka.
- *Hatyaalu Betta, Tiptur Taluk, Tumkur District, Karnataka
- Sri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Gorur, Hassan District, Karnataka
- * Sri Ugra Narasimhaswamy Temple at Maddur, Mandya District.
- * Lakshminarasimhaswamy Temple at Nagamangala, Hassan District.
- * Gunja Narasimhaswamy Temple at T. Narasipura, Chamarajanagar District.
- * Sri Narasimhaswamy Temple at Jekkenahalli, Tumkur District.
- * Sri Lakshminarasimhaswamy Temple at B.R.Koppulu, Srirangapattana.
- * Thoravi Narasimhaswamy Temple at Bijapur.
- * Sri. Narasimhaswamy Temple, Shoorpali, Jamakandi Taluk, karnataka.
- * Narasimha Temples run by GSB community in Karnataka are located at Mulki (Sri Ugra Narasimha of S.V. Temple ), Mogarnad (Panemangalore) and Kambada Narasimha at Nagar (Shimoga District)
- * Kambada Narasimha Swamy Temple at Alisandra, Nagamangala, Mandya District. (Behind Nagathihalli on Bangalore - Mangalore road close to bellur cross)
[In Maharashtra and Goa
In Maharashtra and Goa
- *Sri Jwala Narasimha Temple in Kole Narasimhapur, Walva, Sangli District, Maharashtra.
- Shri Ugra Narasimha Temple, Holi, Nanded, Maharashtra
- Sri Laxmi Narasimha Temple, 1420 Sadashiv Peth, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Temple in Ranjani, Tal Ambegaon, near Manchar, District Pune, Maharashtra.
- *Tathavade, Near Chinchwad, Pune district, Maharashtra
- *Nira Narsingpur, Indapur taluq, Pune district, Maharashtra
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Temple in Veling (Mhardol), Tal Ponda, Goa
- Pokharni, Parbhani district, Maharashtra.
- Sangawade, Taluka Karveer, District Kolhapur, Maharashtra
- At Post - Nittur, Taluka - Chandgad, Dist- Kolhapur (around 40 km inside maharashtra from Belgaum. It is said that this temple was built by Pandvas when they were in exile. This is ancient temple in a big rock, it is engraved in a big solid rock.
- Ramapuram Narasimhar, also known as Sri Lakshmi Narasimhar, at Ramapuram, Chennai.
- Sri Lakshmi Narashimha Swamy Kovil,Nangavalli (Near Mettur) Salem district, Tamil Nadu.
- *Sri Azhagiya Singar at Parthasarathy Kovil in Tiruvellikeni, Chennai.
- Shri Narasimha temple, Parikkal, Tamil Nadu
- *Shri Yoga Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, Ghatikachala, Sholinghur, Tamil Nadu. More information on Sholinghur temple.
- Sri Yoga Narasimha Kovil at Chintalavadi, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Kaattu Azhagiya Singar, Srirangam, Tiruchirapalli
- Shri Lakshmi Narashimar Temple, Ukkadam, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
- *Shri Ukkara Narshimar Temple, Namakkal, Tamilnadu
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar Thirukoil, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Yoga Narashmar Temple, Aanaikkal, Othakkadai, Madurai, Tamilnadu
- Shri Ugra Narasimhar Temple, Singaperumalkoil, near Chengalpattu
- *Ugra Narasimhar at Shri Prasanna Venkatachapathy Temple, Keelapavoor, near Tenkasi also known as South Ahobhilam
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple at Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Padalathri Narasimha Swamy, Singa Perumal Koil, near Chennai,Tamil Nadu
- Nava Narasimhar Temple, Avaniyapuram, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Keelavasal,near thanjore palace,Thanjavur.
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Vallam, Thanjavur Dist.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, injeemedu,near Vandavasi,Tamil nadu.
- Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple: Lord Narasimha Murthy is one of the main deities in the temple.
- Sri Narasimhaswami Temple, Aymanam, Kottayam, Kerala
- Sri Edappurathu Lakshmi Narasimha Moorthi Temple, Puthuruthy, Kerala
- *Kulasserry Temple Thrissur, Kerala
- Sri Narasimhaswami Temple,Kadungalloor,Aluva
- Sri Narasimha Parthasarathy Temple,Thiruvangore,Kozhikode
- West Pattissery Sree VISHNU Temple CHALISSERY PALAKKAD
- Narasimha Temples run by GSB community in Kerala are located at Manjeshwar, Ullal, Thalassery, Thuravoor andAlappuzha
- Srinivasa Kovil, thekkumbhagom, Tripunithura - Here the god is Ugranarasimha. Ernakulam District
- Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Kadungalloor, Alwaye, 683 108, Kerala,
- Pandavath Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Aymanam, Near Kottayam Town,Kerala.
- Nechiyil Sree Narasimha kshetram,Rg:No 203/93,Cherapadum,(po) k.v.kavu,malappuram,
Sunday, April 8, 2012
The Narasimha Maha-Mantra
Om Hreem Kshraum Ugram Veeram Mahaa-Vishnum,
Jwalantham Sarvatho Mukham
Nrisimham Bheeshanam Bhadram
"O' Angry and brave Maha-Vishnu, your heat and fire permeate everywhere. O Lord Narasimha, you are everywhere. You are the death of death and I surrender to You."